Key-in-lever cylindrical locksets shall be Falcon B Series or equal and meet the following requirements:
- All locks shall meet the new ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 2 test requirements for key-in-lever locksets.
- Locksets shall be UL Listed 3-hour, A Label.
- Lever trim shall have individual heavy-duty springs for lever return and to prevent lever sag. Trim shall be through-bolted with screws coated with thread sealant to provide strength and resistance to loosening.
- Roses shall be 3-1/2” diameter.
- All lever designs shall be solid (no inserts) and meet the federal ADA and state disability requirements.
- Locksets shall adjust to fit door thickness from 1 3/8” to 2”.
- All locksets shall be non-handed and not require field disassembly for re-handing.
- Preparation for door must be non-handed.
Door Thickness: 1 3/8” to 2” standard.
Backset: 2 3/4” standard. 2 3/8” also available.
Mechanism: Parts constructed of brass or cold formed steel, zinc plated and dichromated for rust resistance. Springs are stainless steel.
Attachment: Lock chassis secured to door by two screws which pass through a steel rose insert inside and thread directly into the outer rose mounting assembly.
Handing: Locks are non-handed.
Cylinders: Drilled with 6-pin chambers, pinned in 5. Pinning in 6 chambers available when specified, at no cost. Cylinder assemblies removable to rekey. Also available with 6 or 7-pin interchangeable core cylinders. Cylinder housings and plugs machined from solid brass. Springs are phosphor bronze. Two nickel silver keys furnished standard.
Competitor Cylinders: The B Series accepts these standard 6-pin cylinders: Assa, Kaba, Lori, Medeco, Primus and Schlage.
Keyways: “G” keyway standard on standard cylinders. “A” keyway standard on I/C core cylinders. Also available with some optional keyways.
Trim: Roses are 3 1/2” diameter, heavy wrought brass or bronze, installed over steel rose inserts which are through-bolted through door. Levers are pressure cast zinc (solid levers-no inserts) material finished to match mating parts.
Latches: 1/2” bolt projection. UL (3-hour, A Label) listed. Latches have self-adjusting fronts to accommodate beveled or flat doors. 2 3/8” backset with 2 1/4” x 1” latchfaces, 2 3/4” backset with 2 1/4” x 1 1/8” latchfaces. Deadlocking latches have a solid round bar stock DL bar preventing latch jamming and/or lock outs.
Strikes: 4 7/8” x 1 1/4” ANSI strike with curved lip to meet ANSI A115.2 door frame preparation standard. Consult Options and Accessories section for other available strike size and configurations.
Screws: Furnished with combination screws for use in wood or metal doors and frames.
ANSI/BHMA: Exceeds ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 2.
UL: 3-hour, A Label.