The 1490 is our heaviest device and offers a clean appearance with pushpad styling and a variety of practical features. The 1490 is built with rugged steel operating mechanisms, and durable aluminum push bars and end caps.
- Hand: Specify RHR or LHR-supplied RHR if not specified. Both handed labels are provided standard.
- Functions: See trim selection chart on the Options tab
- Finishes: US28, DC13, DC 35, US3, US9, US10, US4, US10B, US14, US15
- Strikes: PB48 top
- Latches: RL – Rod bottom latch (standard), Hex bottom latch (standard for EL), PL – Pullman bottom latch (optional), ES – electric strike top latch (optional). Device needs to be less bottom rod (LBR).
- Dogging Feature: Quarter turn hex dogging standard. No threaded parts to wear out.
- Cylinder: Rim, key entry (NL) or hold back (HB) feature available. Simplified cartridge mounting for most standard rim cylinders. Furnished in DC35 if not specified.
- Sizes: 36″, 42″, 48″
- Doors: 1 3/4″ thick metal doors-specify if other than 1 3/4″
- Projections: 2 3/4″ maximum, 2″ when dogged. Pushbar height is 3″
- Stile: 1 3/4″ minimum
- Electric Functions: EL – electric latch retraction, include “S”. Requires PS873-2 minimum power supply. S- latch bolt monitor switch (SPDT). Conversion kits available. Devices are handed.
- Fasteners: All mounting screws are concealed. Uses all machine screws for device and latch.
- End Caps: Durable zinc die cast, powder coated
- Vertical Rods: 1′ standard, extension rods available up to 7′ 10″
- ANSI: Certified ANSI A156.3 2001 Grade 1 standards
- Shim Kits: 1/2″ riser is available
- Hurricane: 1490 is hurricane rated-consult door manufacturer’s listing