The design of the 1690 is ideal for demanding, high-traffic applications. The vertical rods and latch mechanisms are concealed in the vertical door stile, ensuring trouble-free operation. Cast metal cover plates and end caps hold up to rigorous use. A quick, singlepoint dogging feature in the housing deactivates the device, permitting unrestricted traffic flow. The 1690 may also be used to retrofit a 1990 Series crossbar device.
- Hand: Field reversible, non-handed
- Functions: See trim selection chart on this page
- Finishes: US28, DC13, DC 35, US3, US10, US26, US26D. Centercase and end cap are powder-coated black only.
- Strikes: PB48 top
- Latches: Hex bottom latch (standard), RL – rod bottom latch, PL – Pullman bottom latch, ES – electric strike top latch (optional). Device needs to be less bottom rod (LBR).
- Dogging Feature: Hex key dogging standard, except EL where must use hold back feature
- Cylinder: Rim, key entry (NL) or hold back (HB) feature available. Field selectable.
- Sizes: 30″, 36″, 42″, and 48″
- Doors: 1 3/4″ thick metal doors, specify if other
- Projections: 3 3/8″ in neutral position, 2 3/8″ in dogged position. Pushbar height is 2 1/2.
- Stile: 1 3/4″ minimum
- Electric Functions: EL – electric latch retraction, ED – electric dogging (both EL and ED require PS873-2 minimum power supply). RX – request to exit switch, monitors pushpad SPTD switch.
- Fasteners: All machine screw mounting. Device mounting fasteners are concealed, latch fasteners are exposed to egress side.
- End Caps: Black powder-coated metal end caps
- Vertical Rods: 7′ standard, extension rods available up to 10′. Rod extension kits available.
- ANSI: Certified ANSI A156.3 Grade 1 standards