- Flush Frames (F and FN-Series): Available as transom light/panel, side light/panel, transom and side light/panel, borrowed lights and frames with corner enclosures.
- Drywall Frame (DW and K-Series): Available only as borrowed lights. These frames are KD (knock down).
- Multi-Use Frames (MU-Series): Available as transom light/panel, side light/panel, transom and side light/panel, borrowed lights and entrance frames with corner enclosures.
Usage and Application
To help simplify the use, selection and specification of Steelcraft framing systems, the following guidelines for base material selection can be used:
Material gage – the following base material thickness are available:
- 16 gage (1.3 mm) – for Heavy Commercial and Institutional applications with high usage
- 14 gage (1.7 mm) – for Extra-heavy Commercial and Institutional applications with potential of extremely high usage
Material selection — in addition to the thickness of base material, the following base material types of metal are available:
- Cold Rolled Steel (CRS) conforming to ASTM A1008 and ASTM A568 recommended for interior opening with normal humidity exposure
- Hot-Dip Galvannealed Steel conforming to ASTM A924 and ASTM A653 recommended for exterior opening or interior openings with high humidity
“Stick Sections”, which are lengths of component frame material, are used to produce transom, transom & sidelight, sidelight and borrowed lights. The components are cut to length, notched and/or mitered, assembled and welded into an assembly to meet the requirements and specifications of the opening. The individual sections and the welded assembly can be fabricated at the factory or at the distributor’s fabrication shop.
Features and Benefits
- Standard components are either open (anchoring into the wall), or closed (mullions and dividers) sections
- Components are available in 16 and 14 gage non galvannealled or optional galvannealed steel (except as noted otherwise)
- Components are available as either single or double rabbet
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements are in accordance with ANSI A250.6-1997. Locations are in accordance with ANSI/DHI A115.
- All sill sections (members attached to the floor) are recommended to be galvannealed steel
- Closed sections are shown for 3 3 ⁄4˝ (95mm) jamb depth. 3˝ (76mm) jamb depth section has two-piece.
- All frame open sections have standard 1/2˝ returns except MU-Series and 5 3/4˝ jamb depth which have 7/16˝ returns