Steelcraft L-Series doors are designed to meet architectural requirements for full flush doors. The L-Series door combines the strength and dimensional stability of steel with the structural integrity of the honeycomb core. The continuous bonding of core to metal provides an attractive, absolutely flat door, free of face welding marks. Tests have proven the L-Series door’s high resistance to impact damage, low thermal conductivity and have validated the high STC ratings of this door.
- Core Systems that enhance the structural integrity of the door:
- Honeycomb (standard) – 1” (25mm) cell kraft honeycomb configuration that increases structural integrity while reducing overall weight
- Polystyrene (optional) – enhanced thermal performance
- Polyurethane (optional) – extreme thermal performance
- Full Height, Epoxy Filled Mechanical Interlock Edges provide structural support and stability the full height of the door edges. Available edge options:
- Visible Edge Seam (standard) – full height, epoxy filled mechanical Interlocked edges
- Filled Seam – optional edge seam epoxy filled and finished smooth. Includes tack welds above and below edge cutouts for hinges, locks, etc.
- Welded Edge Seam – optional edge seam welded with 1” (25mm) long weld, 6” (51mm) on center, epoxy filled between welds and finished smooth; available on L18, L16 and L14 doors
- Universal Hinge Preparations (patented) allow for easy field conversion from standard weight .134” (3.3mm) hinges to heavy weight .180” (4.7mm) hinges
- 14 Gage [0.067” (1.7mm)] Inverted Top and Bottom Channels provide stability and protection for the top and bottom edges from abuse
- Beveled Hinge and Lock Edges allow for tighter installation tolerances, ensure easier operation and eliminate binding and sticking
- Recessed Dezigner™ Glass Trim provides a clean, neat and flush finish with the door surface
- Factory Applied Baked-On Rust Inhibiting Primer paint in accordance with ANSI A250.10-1998
- Door construction meets the requirements of ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI 100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements are in accordance with ANSI A250.6-2003. Locations are in accordance with ANSI/DHI A115 unless otherwise stated.
- Meet the broadest fire rating requirements
- Door thickness: 1-3/4″ (45mm)
- Standard heights: 6’8″-7’0″ (2032mm-2134mm); 7’2″-7’10” (2184mm-2388mm); 8’0″-10’0″ (2438mm-3048mm)
- Standard widths: increments of 2″(50mm) from 1’6″(457mm) to 4’0″(1219mm)