- For aluminum, hollow metal, or wood swinging doors and frames
- Can be used with hinge or pivot mounted door
- Mounts on a 1 3/4′ transom without adapter plates
- Adapter plates and other installation accessories availabvle for unusual conditions
- 1000 series closers mount three ways. Closers with regular or hold-ope arm mount hinge side or top jamb. Parallel arm, designated with a “P”, closers include – 62PA SHOE required for parallel arm mount. 1460T mounts hinge side, top jamb (pull side) and stop face.
- Non-handed for right and left swinging doors
- Closers to meet ADA reduced opeing for requirements
- Adjustable hydraulic backcheck cushions opeing swing prior to 90 degrees
- Separate regulation of general closing speed and latching speed
- Joints in arm and shoe adapt to uneven trim
- Reversible shoe to boost latching power on double lever arms
LCN has been providing reliable solutions to unique door control problems for over 75 years. Design and specification assistance are only a phone call away. See Next Steps for our Customer Care phone number.
- 30 year limited warranty (1460 Series)
- 20 year limited warranty (1260 Series)
- Limited warranty applies to LCN products purchased on or after March 3, 2014.
Refer to catalog for suggested architectural specifications.
- High strength cast iron cylinder
- Forged steel main arm for all EDA, Cush, 1460HD and 1460T Arms
- One piece forged steel piston
- Heat treated pinion
- All weather fluid eliminates seasonal adjustments
- High efficiency, full complement, low friction bearings
- Tamper resistant regulating screws
- Full rack and pinion hydraulic action
- Quiet, low friction track and roller combination for all single lever arm closers
UL listed for self-closing doors without hold-open under “Swinging Door Closers” (GVEV) file R 1943.
LCN closers have been certified for three hours by UL to be in compliance with UBC 7-2 (1997) and UL 10 C. Contact LCN for specific details on door closer fire ratings.
1260, 1460, 1460T series closers are shipped with: A stardard SELF-REAMING and TAPPING SCREW (SRT) pack that contains Philips heat SRT screws to install the closer. Standard LCN thru bolts (TB) can be installed on 1 3/4″ (44mm) thick doors with 1/4-20 machine screws. Optional thru bolt (TB) sizes are available for 1 5/8″ (41mm) or 1 3/8″ (35mm) door thickness, but this must be specified when ordering.
Closers mounted according to LCN installation instructions require no periodic maintenance or adjustments.