• Provide mortise locksets that comply with ANSI A156.13, Series 1000, Operational Grade 1 and Security Grade 1 with all standard trims and conventional mortise cylinders.
• Locksets comply with UL10B – neutral pressure and UL10C/UBC 7-2 – positive pressure testing requirements. All locks shall be UL listed for 3 hour fire door.
• Lock case is non-handed, reversible without opening the lock case and manufactured of zinc dichromate plated steel. Lock case is interchangeable for knob or lever applications without modifying the chassis, and is constructed with a screw configuration that limits access to operating parts.
• Latchbolts are 2-piece anti-friction type manufactured from stainless steel, with a standard 2¾” backset, a full ¾” throw and are field reversible. Deadbolts have 1” throw and are constructed of stainless steel, incorporating two 3/16” diameter security roller pins.
• All trim are cast, forged, or wrought and through-bolted with thread patch coated screws. Lever trim has individual heavy duty springs for lever return, and independent rotation in both directions. Return to door style levers meet the ½” California State Fire Marshall requirement.
• Spindles are independent, designed to ‘break-away’ at a maximum of 480 in./lbs. to prevent damage to the lock chassis.
• Non-handed curved lip strikes are standard.
• Cylinders secured by a dual retainer.
• Acceptable manufacturer: FALCON Lock
Door thickness: Standard accommodates thickness of 1-3/8” to 2-1/2”.
Backset: 2-3/4” only.
Case: Cold formed steel, zinc dichromate plated, .090” thick. Optional lead wrapping available.
Hubs: Hardened steel.
Handing: Right hand is standard; left hand optional. Reversible in the field.
Cylinders: Solid brass cylinder and plug. 5, 6 or 7-pin are available on standard cylinders. 6 or 7-pin are available on interchangeable core cylinder. Furnished with two nickel silver keys standard
Keyways: “G” keyway standard on standard cylinder. “A” keyway standard on I/C cylinder. See price book for optional keyways
Bind Resistant Trim: Heavy-duty through-bolted inserts clamp the trim on the door assuring proper alignment. Provided with 8-32 screws for strength and thread sealant to prevent loosening.
Latch Bolt: Two-piece stainless steel, mechanical anti-friction bolt. 3/4” projection.
Dead Bolt: 1” throw, stainless steel with two 13/16” diameter hardened steel, free-turning, saw-resistant roller.
Faceplates: (Armored Front) 1-1/4” x 8” brass or stainless steel adjustable for door bevel. Reinforced by heavy gauge steel with stabilizing ribs.
Strike: Brass or stainless steel. Meets ANSI AII5.1 for frame preparation. Strike is non-handed.
Electrified Functions: Available in 12 or 24 VDC.
ANSI/BHMA: Meets ANSI/BHMA 156.13, Series 1000.
UL: 3 hour A label.