- Smoother action positive seal mechanism. All Pemko automatic door bottoms consist of an aluminum case which surrounds a movable drop-bar seal. The drop-bar seal is actuated by a plunger which contacts the jamb as the door is closing, forcing the drop-bar seal down against the floor / threshold.
- Most models are now available with nylon brush (NB) seals. The nylon filaments conform extremely well to irregular surfaces such as carpet, stone and grout lines.
- Especially over uneven surfaces, both PemkoPrene® (PK) and nylon brush (NB) provide excellent seals to keep out draft, dust, moisture, insects, fumes, light, and sound.
- All models are non-handed and reversible. Installation is fast and easy because disassembly is not required to change handing: simply flip the automatic door bottom and you’ve reversed the hand. The clean symmetrical square-shaped case design also provides for even flush mounting.
- The line includes models which can be mounted to either wood or hollow metal doors.
- End plates are provided for all mounting applications.
- All Pemko automatic door bottoms seal up to a 3/4″ gap under the door except PDB-series, 420, and residential models which seal 1/2” maximum.
- Available in any size ranging from 24″ to 48″.
- Lead line available upon request; consult Customer Service for options on profiles.
- The drop-bar seal actuation mechanism (all models) causes the drop-bar seal to always actuate on the hinge side first. This feature prevents the seal from skidding along the floor / threshold while the door is being closed. Door hang up will not occur.
- All Pemko automatic door bottoms are provided NET length.
- This automatic door bottom is supplied with a Nylon Brush (“NB”) insert – item number P516041.
- Standard color for this part is black, but it is also available in gray.
- Smoke Tested – UL1784 – tested in accordance with UL 1784-2001 Air Leakage Tests of Door Assemblies, and meet the performance criteria for allowable air leakage as specified in NFPA 105-99 Installation of Smoke Control Door Assemblies. Meets the requirements for category H – Smoke Seals.
© 2017, Best Brothers Group. All rights reserved.