Steer your shipyard operations on a smoother course with the Megadoor vertical-lift fabric shipyard doors
Trusted in shipyards around the world, ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems’ vertical-lift fabric doors eliminate the biggest obstacle that’s keeping you stuck: rusty bottom-rolling metal doors, cramped work quarters, corrosive saltwater spray, unscheduled downtime, and profits that keep sailing away.
Easy to install and operate, our vertical-lift fabric doors use a corrosion-resistant, space-saving structure that allows freer movement of steelworkers, pipefitters, and vehicles in and out of your facility, preserves conditioned interior climates and energy usage, and reduces risks to your workers, equipment, and ships.
Designed specifically to handle marine environments, these rugged, fabric doors offer:
- Minimized construction costs – reduce building footprint and volume by eliminating the need for space consuming bottom rolling door pockets and tracks our vertical-lifting fabric doors.
- Energy efficiency – minimize the energy loss of a hangar door by reducing air infiltration, leakage, heat loss from conduction and mass air flow.
- Aesthetics – give doors a distinguished design with 8 standard color fabric options or a custom graphic design option for a truly custom look
- Safety – safeguard workers and equipment with built-in door sensor systems, flame-resistant door panels, wind-resistant dimensioned beams, and translucent fabric panels that provide natural light.
- Bird abatement – tightly sealed door systems prevent birds entering the hangar
- Reduced life cycle costs – high quality components reduce wear and tear and resist corrosion, which reduces over all maintenance costs.
- Scalability – create a sustainable, scalable, and comfortable work environment that frees up more interior space for building, repairing, and retrofitting all types of commercial and military vessels.
- Improved efficiency – use the natural light provided by translucent, double-layer fabric door panels for operating paint and blast halls, moving and using scaffolds and ladders, and negating paint overspray and welding sparks in compliance with NIOSH health standards.