In fulfilling its mission, Best Brothers Group strives at all times to provide its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity, independence, equal opportunity and full social inclusion of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers.
Best Brothers Group is committed to serving all our customers including those with disabilities in ways that meet or exceed their expectations. We will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following manner:
When communicating with customers with disabilities, we shall do so in ways that take into account their disability. Best Brothers Group staff will be trained on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities in ways that will best meet their needs.
1.2 Telephone Services
- We are committed to providing accessible telephone services to our customers. We will train our staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear language and to speak clearly and slowly.
- We will offer to communicate with customers by email or other means if telephone communication is not suitable to their communication needs or is not available.
1.3 Use of Assistive Devices, Service Animals and Support Persons
- Assistive DevicesWe are committed to serving persons with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services. We will train our staff to familiarize them with various assistive devices.
- Service AnimalsWe are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal in the area of our premises that are open to the public unless otherwise prohibited by law. We will ensure that all staff dealing with the public is trained on how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
- Support PersonsWe are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter premises open to the public with his/her support person. At no time will a person with a disability be prevented from having access to his/her support person while on Best Brothers Group premises.
Where there is a fee associated with participating at Best Brothers Group events, the support person is permitted to attend at no cost.
1.5 Notice of Temporary Disruption
Best Brothers Group will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration and a description of alternative facilities or services if available. This notice will be placed at all public entrances and service counters on our premises. If the disruption is long-term, an announcement will be posted on the company website to inform customers of the location and duration of the disruption and alternate solutions.
1.6 Training for Staff
- Best Brothers Group will provide customer service training to all employees in respect to assisting customers with disabilities.
- This training will be provided in the Employee Handbook that staff receive when hired. Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
- Training will include the following:
- The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005 and the requirements of the Customer Service Standards under the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a support person or service animal
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- Familiarize employees with personal assistive devices and train employees how to use devices on premises
- Best Brothers Group policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service act
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Best Brothers Group goods and services
1.7 Feedback Process
Since the ultimate goal of Best Brothers Group is to meet or surpass customer expectations while serving customers with disabilities, comments on how well those expectations are being met are welcomed and appreciated. Feedback will be used to monitor and improve Best Brothers Group customer service and customers can expect to hear back from Best Brothers Group within five business days. Feedback regarding the way Best Brothers Group provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be made by the following:
- By Web, using our Customer Contact Form
- In person or by mail at Best Brothers Group, 7370 Woodbine Ave, Markham, ON L3R 1A5
1.8 Modifications to this policy
Best Brothers Group is committed to developing and updating customer service policies that respect and promote dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
If anyone has a question about the policy, please contact Best Brothers Group as outlined in the feedback section of this policy. Copies of this policy and any other documents required by the Customer Service Standards are available upon request in a format that takes into consideration the disability of the customer.