Automatic doors comes in all shapes and sizes these days but knowing which type would work best for your building can be tricky. Whether it’s for business or personal use, there are so many different options on the market and picking that perfect one for you means you have to take a lot into consideration. So let’s take a look at some of the most popular types and the pros and cons of them to help you make the right choice for you!
Automatic sliding doors are very often used as the entrance for larger supermarkets and shopping centres as well as some office blocks and buildings. Taking up relatively little space glass sliding doors are a safe and convenient way to open up a building. Just because automatic sliding doors are a common feature in the world of commerce doesn’t mean they’re all rosy so here are a few pointers to help you decide if they’re right for you.
- Heat Efficient – When you’ve got people coming in and out of a building you need a door that will automatically know when to open to retain as much heat as possible.
- Safe – Glass sliding doors are relatively safe as they will open automatically and people are able to see who is on the other side.
- Door Radius – There’s no need to figure out the safety radius needed for sliding doors as they move from side to side giving the customer a little extra room to manoeuvre.
- Aesthetics – They’re not the most attractive things to look at and can seem a little clinical at times.
- Cleaning – All the little bits and intricacies are a nightmare to get into and large expanses of glass are almost impossible to get streak free.
Automatic swing doors are less common than they used to be. They used to be a common site at the entrance to large shops and supermarkets but they have largely been taken over by sliding doors. You might find small swing doors are still in use in smaller shops where they don’t have the capacity or means to install anything larger.
- Small shop use – Excellent way to draw people into smaller shops, especially corner shops that are frequented by people that need easier hands free use.
- Cleaning – relatively easy to wipe down compared to other doors.
- Bulky – Swing doors take up a lot more room than the more popular sliding doors.
- Slow – If you’re on the wrong side then waiting for a swing door to open can feel like it takes an age.
- Safety – Not great for younger people or those with mobility issues.
Of all the automatic doors on the market, folding doors are some of the niftiest. Making the most of the space on offer, you can really get a good opening from folding doors. More commonly used in areas that need transforming so there is no barriers between inside and out, they come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.
- Space Savers – You don’t need to worry about a lot of space when it comes to folding doors as you can just alter the size of the area between folds to suit your needs.
- Impressive – Automatic folding doors really do make an impressive statement when it comes to opening an area and makes transitions much easier.
- Traffic Door – Depending on the area you’re installing the folding doors you might want to think about incorporating a traffic door for when the weather’s nasty but you still want to go outside.
- Obstruct the view – When the doors are closed that very quickly adds up to a lot of joins that will obstruct the view.
- Clear space – You need to keep a relative large amount of space clear to be able to use these at the click of a button.
Automatic revolving doors are something we’ve all seen (and enjoyed). Found in large office buildings and retail outlets, they’re a really efficient way to keep the flow of people going in one direction. Perfectly suited for busy building entrances where bottlenecks can occur otherwise, they’re a staple on modern day society and they don’t look to be going anywhere anytime soon.
- Traffic – Due to the nature of the revolving door the traffic flow is automatically controlled upon entering or leaving the building.
- Statement – A building with a revolving door automatically looks like it means business and people will be intrigued to enter.
- Enticing – These are some of the best doors on the market if you’re hoping to attract new customers. They’re big, bold and really get people excited.
- Heat Savers – Due to their very nature, revolving doors never open your building up to the elements and helps to keep it a little warmer.
- Safety – In event of an emergency, revolving doors can be a bit of a fire hazard.
- Maintenance – To keep them in top working order you have to stay on top of their maintenance cause you really don’t want them to break down.
Due to the wide variety in types of door it is impossible to say which is the best and so if you’re considering buying an automatic door only you can be the judge of what type to get. Some things to keep in mind are the aesthetics, the cost and of course, the resourcefulness of the door you want to get installed. Think about why you want it installed and go for something that will make your life much easier and you’ll have a smile on your face for sure.
© 2017 – 2018, Best Brothers Group. All rights reserved.