How to Set Up Your Surveillance Camera with Your Smartphone
Once you’ve put in the work to set up your surveillance camera system, you may want to consider integrating it with your smartphone. So, why should you connect your security camera with your smartphone? Is there really a good reason to look into smartphone integration? Absolutely! There are several good reasons that you should think about looking into connecting your surveillance cameras to your smartphone device.
First, it will allow you to remotely keep an eye on your home from anywhere that you are. Secondly, even though surveillance cameras are good for catching criminals and deterring crimes, you may not be aware that something is going on if you’re only able to watch the footage after the fact. Having your surveillance camera hooked up to your smart phone where you’ll be able to keep an eye out on your home in real time can prevent a crime in the act.
Or, if you have your surveillance system setup at your place of business, you can keep an eye out on it even when you’re at home or away from the property. You can keep an eye out on your employees and make sure that they’re doing their jobs, even when you’re away from the store or facility. Being able to monitor your business from your smartphone is also good for the safety of your employees, especially if you have a business that runs well into the night.
Connecting your smartphone to your surveillance camera is easier than it sounds. You don’t need to be any more familiar with technology than the knowledge that it takes to operate a smartphone.
How to Connect Your Surveillance Camera with your Smartphone:
That has capability of connecting with a smartphone device. If your current DVR is already compatible with smartphones, good. If not, you’ll need to purchase one that you can set up to connect with your smartphone device. There are many DVR’s available on the market, and more and more are becoming accessible with smartphone devices.
This is available on both Android and iPhones. It is an app that you can use to connect your DVR with your mobile device.
- You will be prompted to add a server. Enter any name that you would like your server to be called.
- You will be prompted to enter the username and password associated with your DVR.
- You will be prompted to enter the IP address associated with your DVR.
- Click save, then connect to your WiFi network.
- You can switch between different cameras, or have the main view of all of your camera screens.
- You can control your camera through the MPRMS, such as PTZ features, audio, or even capture screen shots.
If you don’t have a DVR that’s smartphone compatible and can’t afford an upgrade right now, there’s still a way to hook up your surveillance cameras to your smart phone. If your DVR doesn’t have the function to do it wirelessly, try this method instead.
Configuring Your DVR and WiFi Connection
You can do so with an HDMI or VGA cable.
You can do this by clicking Settings OR Configuration, then clicking on network.
- Once in the configuration settings, you want to set up your static IP. Do so by disabling “Obtain IP Automatically”.
- Enter the following information:
- IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.7
- SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.000
- GATEWAY: 192.168.1.1
- HTTP PORT: 80
- Once you’ve entered the correct information you can click save and reboot your DVR.
- Connect your PC to your wifi network and open internet explorer. Insert 192.168.1.1 OR 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and hit enter.
- Enter the username and password associated with your router.
- Add a new entry into the port forwarding section and input the following information:
- PORT: 80
- IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.7
- PROTOCOL: All
- Everything else should be left on default setting.
- Save and the enable your new entry. Afterwards, reboot your wifi router.
Remove the HDMI or VGA cable and plug in your LAN cable between your WiFi and your DVR.
Open your browser and input the following IP address: 192.168.1.7.80. You will be prompted to enter the username and password associated with your DVR. Once you see your cameras, it’s time to connect it to your smartphone.
Connecting Your Smartphone to Your Surveillance Camera:
It’s time to connect your smartphone with your cameras. Download the app called “SuperLiveHD” available in the app store.
- NETWORK: WiFi
- IP and PORT: 192.168.1.7.80
- ID: Find your Admin ID in your DVR user manual.
- PASSWORD: The DVR admin password can be found in your DVR user manual.
If you’ve followed all the steps, you should be able to monitor your surveillance cameras now from your smartphone device. This method may be a bit more complicated if you’re not familiar with computers and cables, but it should still be relatively easy to set up!
Connecting your surveillance footage to your smartphone is a simple and effective way to make sure your home and business are both protected and monitored at all times. When you’re able to keep an eye out on your property no matter where you are, you’ll feel more peace of mind.
© 2018, Best Brothers Group. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.